Monday 25 January 2010

January in Wales

I took the "Lady" out for the first time since early December and was intent on giving her a good run to make up for standing time, but only got as far as Caersws (about 4 miles away) and decided it was just too cold to go on so I turned around and went home again. I know I should have put my Biggles hat and goggles on but it does feel silly to wear them. The Sun nevertheless hammered me on the face and I had to look for something to ease the redness. Oh well it was still a great pleasure to drive even that small distance after such a time. Cheers John

1 comment:

  1. Biggles Hat, Goggles and the required flying jacket are 'de rigeur' (even in the Summer) as I can testify when I took 'Carrie' to a car show in Scotland in late summer. I stopped on the way to buy some gloves at a garage and then invested in one of the new, highly fashionable, flying helmets on sale at the show. Needless to say it was glorious on the return trip and I was sweltering all the way home.
    Not withstanding all that you were very brave to venture out in Wales at this time of year
    Cheers
    Andy

    ReplyDelete