Friday 9 April 2010

carisma dash part four



Well I've finally got the dash installed. time has been at a premium of late and it as taken a lot longer than I thought. I've effectively rewired it and installed a second fusebox for auxillaries. My knowledge of vehicle electrics is a bit lacking so I've had to check and double check everything. The upside is everything works bar one thing , I can't get her to fire up. I'm not convinced it is anything I've tinkered with as I have power to the coil, the amplifier (ECU?) and the starter is working. I am failing to get a spark at the plugs so I suspect either the amplifier or the distributor has a fault. It was running perfectly when I took it off the road so this is a bit of a blow but I'm sure it is a minor thing that is managing to elude me for the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment