Monday 31 May 2010

Viking SS100

Sorry about the tiny thumbnail picture but it is the best I could find. It is a Viking SS100 replica which uses Jag mechanicals. This one sold at Bonhams last year for £5175 which was £825 below the guide. Interestingly at the same sale a genuine SS100 in the same colour fetched a mid-estimate £199,500!

There is a part completed Viking on EBay at the moment for a hefty £4995 in Exeter http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120574319639&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

I think this proves the point that auctions can be a source of bargains but 'caveat emptor'!

The Viking replica is a new one to me so I would welcome any further information as I think it looks quite nice in the very murky thumbnail above but the one on EBay doesn't have a double humped scuttle which looks a little strange to me.

1 comment:

  1. The one I've acquired doesn't have a double hump either,but it's truer to the original with spare wheel on the tank.Can't say more tillI pick it up tomorrow

    ReplyDelete