Sunday 1 November 2009

Carisma prototype

This car is, I think, the very first ever Carisma Century. It was built from a kit by John Bews who was so anxious to receive the kit it did not get a 'number one' chassis plate.
CFD994T later came into the ownership of Michael English who has sent me a number of pictures and a huge amount of fascinating background information and advice.

I love the rear wheel mounting arrangement and Michael's clever use of a brass candle stick to mount the rear fog light centrally on the wheel. I also love the period steering wheel.

Michael has a great eye for attention to detail in particular his

use of custom made stainless flat-head socket bolts for mounting the splined hubs which previously used nuts causing the wheels to bind.

Registration was changed to TJI 6358 and she eventually went to Belgium via Total Head Turners who I believe resprayed her silver. I'd love to know where she is now

1 comment:

  1. Hello Andy !
    Hope you're still there in 2019 ?

    Because... I'm the proud new owner of 'Number One' !

    Just bought it last week from it's previous owner here, in Belgium. Himself bought it in 2006 from someone in Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan.

    Number One is still red; I don't think it was ever sprayed in silver or any other color. ;)

    I received also some pictures amongst other documents; with TJI 6358 reg. but also with previous CDF 994T; same as yours, it seems.

    Would be nice to collect any other information about my 'new' car !

    Marc.

    ReplyDelete