Friday 6 November 2009

SS100 Replica on EBay!

I'm always excited when I see an ad like this for an SS100 replica for sale in the UK http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/jaguar-ss100-replica_W0QQitemZ190347371404QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2c5196638c#ht_500wt_1182 but don't build your hopes up. It is not quite as it seems although it does have a Jag engine (unlike most SS100 replicas).

If you happen to live in Canada this "Antiques and Collectible Autos of Buffalo" kit may be of more interest despite its VW engine http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-JAGUAR-SS100-SS100_W0QQitemZ160374366783QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item25570ea23f#ht_500wt_1182

For those of you surfing the web to find the car of your dreams, it may be of interest to note that a search on ebay for 'SS100' can yield a different set of results to a search for 'SS 100'

2 comments:

  1. Hello from across the pond. I just recently purchased what I believe to be an Antique and classic SS100 from a gentleman who lives about 3hrs from me. Like so many, this one needs some tlc, mostly electrical. Went for a short ride today, which will probably be the last until spring. It's begining to snow as I write this. Good luck to all with their projects and gems. I'll try to stay in touch. Dano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dano
    Best of luck with your electrics. I am snowbound at the moment and venturing into the garage rarely. My electrics are beginning to come together but I'm a bit of a learner with auto electrics so it is taking longer than it should. The bird's nest of wires is looking a bit more sensible now although my dash is still in the house. The acid test is still to come! Would love to see some pics of your car if at all possible
    Cheers
    Ocheye

    ReplyDelete