Wednesday 18 November 2009

Lady in red Update


I went out last Sunday for a ride between showers, and as usual had that euphoric feeling you must also get when flying an open aeroplane. The Lady is more than willing to reach all speed limits and has more power now since I had the head skimmed and new gaskets fitted. Being a little too large (OK a lot larger) for the seats I cannot get into the car with the wet weather gear on so I have to take my chances of getting wet and a lot colder, than I like.
I have had a bee in my bonnet for a while about fitting a fold down windscreen and fitting Brookland shields just as the original SS100, but so far I have got Morgan and MG fold down hinges but have not had the heart to remove the original windscreen as I feel that the Carisma Century car is as much a unique vehicle as the original. I will be fitting two horns in front under the headlights just for me, but that is another kettle of fish. Andy, thanks for the dedication to setting up this site and keeping up the interesting feedback. Lets hope we hear from other owners regadless of what type of replica or original they have. I would also like to hear from previous oowners and to hear what they experienced during their caretakership of such a lovely machine. Cheers for now John

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post John. It makes me really envious that your car is on the road while mine looks like a never-ending disaster area. My mirrors arrived today though which raised my spirits - a real snip at £30 the pair and still in their packaging!
    Cheers
    A

    ReplyDelete